Essential futurist skills course (Copenhagen)
Time & Location
Early Bird: 2500 DKK per participant (available until 23.59 on 1st December 2019)
Full price: 3125 DKK per participant
It’s essential to look ahead if you want to ensure the relevance of your product or service in the future world, but how can you anticipate what’s coming next, and how it will affect your business? How can you know where to focus and what to invest in?
Trends and future thinking can seem like a dark art, but in fact, ‘foresight’, ‘trends’ and ‘future thinking’ is a skill that can be developed. And I can teach you.
Future thinking is a collection of many skills, as it’s a combination of creative thinking and hard evidence: of design and science. Being a good trend forecaster and future thinker uses research skills, data, curiosity, processes, experimentation and imagination.
- The role of a trend forecaster and futurist
- Why it’s essential to look ahead
The basic tools and processes for:
- Researching what will impact the future
- Organising your findings into trends
- Translating the trends into actions for your business
- Nurturing the mind-set to think critically, challenge perceptions and imagine future possibilities and make this a part of daily life
Who it's for
These skills are an invaluable tool for any business professional, from solo freelancers to the biggest corporations.
This course will blend real case studies from Jill’s personal experience as The Future Thief with skill development and practical tasks to provide a taste of the basics of trend forecasting and future thinking.
Time & tools needed
- The activities are solo, not group exercises, but discussion is encouraged.
- Bring your curiosity and an open mind
- You might want to bring a notebook/paper and a computer or tablet to take notes, but it’s not a pre-requisite
- All other activity materials will be provided
- Tea, coffee and water will be provided
- 20 minutes preparatory work will be required, briefed 2 weeks before the course start date